The benefits of yoga are:
- Increased Flexibility – Yoga has positions that act upon the various joints of the body including those joints that are never really on the ‘radar screen’ let alone exercised.
- Increased Lubrication (of the joints, ligaments and tendons) – Well-researched yoga positions exercise the different tendons and ligaments of the body.
- Increased Awareness – One of the far-reaching benefits of yoga is the uncanny sense of awareness that it develops in the practitioner of an impending health disorder or infection. This in turn enables the person to take pre-emptive corrective action.
- Detoxification – By gently stretching muscles and joints as well as massaging the various organs, yoga ensures the optimum blood supply to various parts of the body. This helps in the flushing out of toxins from every nook and cranny as well as providing nourishment up to the last point. This leads to benefits such as delayed ageing, energy and a remarkable zest for life.
- Increased Muscle Tone – Muscles that have become flaccid, weak or slothy are stimulated repeatedly to shed excess flab and flaccidity.